This three (3) hour course provides each student with an overview of the Federal Clean Water Act (CWA) and examines, in depth, the key provisions of the CWA, including Safe Drinking Water Act, technology-based requirements, effluent limitations, water quality standards, permitting, enforcement, control of polluted runoff, and resolution of interstate disputes. The course also evaluates the success of the CWA in protecting and improving the quality of water, while discussing other statutory and common law mechanisms for water pollution control.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the key components of the Federal Clean Water Act.
- Understand the implementation requirements of clean water laws.
- It provides general information regarding the Storm water permit program, permit and activities.
- Understand the scope and regulatory framework of the National Pollution discharge Elimination System (NPDES) program.
- Understand key clean water laws and cases, as well as the way in which environmental laws develop, are implemented (or not implemented), enter the legal arena, and ultimately affect citizens, industries, state and local governments.